Apply by 23 August 2022
Reference Nr: EKAPA206
Ekapa is situated in Kimberley in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, near the Free State border. Ekapa Mining is the 100% owner of Ekapa Resources and Ekapa Minerals. Ekapa Resources is the owner of the underground mining rights and Ekapa Minerals is the owner of the surface mining rights. It is operated as one entity and comprises five units, namely Joint Shaft, Wesselton, Combined Treatment Plant (CTP), Surface Mining and Services and Support.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will be responsible to investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repairs on equipment/machinery in accordance with sound engineering practices and equipment specifications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform inspections in accordance with Mine Health and Safety Act and OEM specifications
- Ensure that all equipment complies with legislation and to mine standards
- Report defects and breakdowns to foreman
- Repair equipment and machinery according to maintenance standard
- Communicate with clients and supervisors to inform on maintenance activities and equipment availability
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure
- Develop, improve, construct and install related equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintain and create job cards for unscheduled maintenance
- Supervise Engineering Assistance
- Grade 12
- Qualified Fitter with Trade Test Certificate at recognized /accredited institution
- Valid drivers’ license (EB)
- 3-4 years’ post apprenticeship experience
- 3 years’ experience in a Process Plant Environment
- Independent, proactive thinker and have the ability to do own job planning
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of conveyor belts, pumps and crushers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Ekapa is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates reside within our host labour sending area of Frances Baard District Municipality (proof of residence may be requested).
Please submit your CV, qualifications and ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 August 2022. If you are already employed by Ekapa, please also submit an authorised Internal Application Form. Please note that incomplete documentation will not be considered. All the internal successful candidates and external shortlisted candidate will be required to undergo a Level 3 Vetting process.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Ekapa reserves the right not to fill this position.
Please note that Ekapa does not accept form of payment for recruitment purposes.