Apply by 19 August 2022
Reference Nr: EKAPA204
Ekapa is situated in Kimberley in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, near the Free State border. Ekapa Mining is the 100% owner of Ekapa Resources and Ekapa Minerals. Ekapa Resources is the owner of the underground mining rights and Ekapa Minerals is the owner of the surface mining rights. It is operated as one entity and comprises five units, namely Joint Shaft, Wesselton, Combined Treatment Plant (CTP), Surface Mining and Services and Support.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Manage and coordinate the Surface Mining Engineering activities to ensure legal compliance and optimum cost-effective Trackless Mobile Machinery availability based on operational requirements, organisational objectives, and sound engineering practices.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to Health, Safety, and Environmental Programs, Mine Health & Safety Act and Regulations, technical standards, COP, policies and procedures required to create a safe working environment and drive a zero-harm culture. In the absence of the relevant standards or procedures direct and lead the drafting and implementation thereof.
- Ensured correct staffing levels to meet operational requirements and furthermore ensure training and development of staff to support business and legal requirements.
- Drive and implement action plans to achieve the mine strategy and business plans.
- Build sustainable relationships with internal and external stake holders to ensure that planned work is carried out effectively to meet set targets.
- Provide technical and operational leadership to reduce or eliminate risk.
- Developed budgets and managed expenditure to ensure effective cash flow.
- Monitor planning and scheduling of work to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Improve TMM availability through condition monitoring, maintenance and defect elimination principals.
- Analyse equipment downtime and operational effectiveness to determine focus areas to reduce downtime and improve production effectiveness.
- Manage contractor performance against contract agreements.
- Management of routable spares including warranty management.
- Grade 12
- Recognized University Degree/National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Valid Government Certificate of Competency for Mines and Works.
- More than 8 years applicable practical experience in Mining environment and underground exposure will be an advantage, of the before mentioned 8 years at least 3 years of those years must have been spent in managerial capacity with Trackless Mobile Machinery exposure.
Other Skills / Competencies:
- Risk management; analysing and interpretation of information; planning, coordinating, and prioritising to ensure decision making ability in fast changing environment.
- Competent/experienced in a RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and Continuous Business Improvement processes will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate in English (written and verbally)
- Own transport.
Ekapa is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Frances Baard District Municipality (proof of residence may be requested).
Please submit your CV, qualifications and ID, to email@example.com by 19 August 2022. If you are already employed by Ekapa, please also submit an authorised Internal Application Form. Please note that incomplete documentation will not be considered. All the internal successful candidates and external shortlisted candidate will be required to undergo a Level 3 Vetting process. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Ekapa reserves the right not to fill this position.
Please note that Ekapa does not accept form of payment for recruitment purposes