Apply by 25 May 2022
Reference Nr: EKAPA190
Ekapa is situated in Kimberley in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, near the Free State border. Ekapa Mining is the 100% owner of Ekapa Resources and Ekapa Minerals. Ekapa Resources is the owner of the underground mining rights and Ekapa Minerals is the owner of the surface mining rights. It is operated as one entity and comprises five units, namely Joint Shaft, Wesselton, Combined Treatment Plant (CTP), Surface Mining and Services and Support.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Execution and alignment of legislation, policies and procedures regarding all aspects of explosives
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ordering explosives from the supplier
- Receiving explosives at the Explosives delivery bay
- Knowledge on the Health and Safety act and Explosives act
- Control and manage explosives
- Underground Audits on Explosives registers
- Built a good relationship with the DMR and the local Inspector of Explosives
- Review policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to usage of explosives
- Recommend and develop new concepts that support the extension of best practice and ensure that they are implemented and maintained throughout the operation
- Interpret, implement and apply laws and amendments to explosives act that could affect the operations
- Grade 12 equivalent
- Underground blasting ticket
- Computer literate
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Knowledge of explosives (electronic blasting systems, uphole emulsion)
- Legal appointment as a Responsible person
- First Aid certificate
- Magazine Master
- Train the Trainer
- Destruction certificate for surface
- Underground experience exposure to blasting
- Engage with the DMR and the Inspectors of Explosives in a mining environment
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Ekapa is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates reside within our host labour sending area of Frances Baard District Municipality (proof of residence may be requested).
Please submit your CV, qualifications and ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 May 2022. If you are already employed by Ekapa, please also submit an authorised Internal Application Form. Please note that incomplete documentation will not be considered. All the internal successful candidates and external shortlisted candidate will be required to undergo a Level 3 Vetting process.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Ekapa reserves the right not to fill this position.
Please note that Ekapa does not accept form of payment for recruitment purposes.